The health and safety of youth playing hockey in the Pickering Hockey Association, our volunteers and our staff is always our first priority. We are committed to return to hockey this season. To ensure the safest possible environment for the upcoming hockey season, the PHA will be following all OMHA safety guidelines, including the OMHA Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
You can read the latest OMHA article regarding the policy here: OMHA COVID-19 Vaccine Policy Announced
You can access the OMHA 2021-2022 Vaccination Policy here: OMHA_VACCINATION_POLICY_V1_2.pdf (mcusercontent.com)
Town of Pickering Tryout Protocols
1. Have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not been deemed by health authorities to have recovered from COVID-19
2. Are sick with any illness or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever, cough, tiredness, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chest pain/pressure, loss of taste or smell, discoloration of fingers or toes, or loss of speech
3. Anyone who has returned from traveling outside of Canada in the past 14 days and been advised to quarantine per the federal quarantine requirements
4. Anyone who knows or believes that they may have been exposed in the past 14 days to a person who has symptoms of COVID-19; or a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, and they have not been fully-vaccinated against COVID-19.
1. Upon entry, all spectators and participants are required to wear a mask
2. On ice-participants may remove their face covering before entering the ice surface. Masks/face covering must be worn as soon as participants are off the ice and their helmets are removed.
3. Coaches and bench staff must wear a mask when on the bench.
4. Spectators will be directed to a viewing area in the designated arena (dress appropriately for the cold)
5. Spectators for Tryouts will be limited to 1 spectator per participant.
6. Spectators for Regular Season will be limited to 1 spectator per participant
7. Facility Doors will remain closed at all times
8. Participants (players, coaches, spectators) are to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time. Entry will be permitted only 15 minutes before. After the ice session, participants have 15 minutes to exit the facility.
1. All activity must follow OHF Return to Hockey Framework.
2. Each arena will have a capacity limit for participants and spectators.
3. Player and spectators (parent/guardian) must enter at the same time. Have all participants stand with their spectator to enter the arena in an orderly manner.
4. Change Rooms/Arena Change Areas will be open with capacity limits for use and sanitized after each user group. Users should physically distance as much as possible when using these amenities, masks must be worn in the change rooms. Players are to arrive as fully dressed as possible due to the 15 minute entry/exit protocol.
5. General public access is not permitted
6. Each pad is operating as it's own individual rink - please do not walk through the pads. Walk through
privilege's are limited. Please only enter at the doors of your scheduled ice times pad.
7. The snack bar will be closed.
NOTE: Only participants registered for tryouts and one guardian will be permitted into the arena during scheduled tryouts. No general admission to the arena is permitted. NO General spectators are permitted at any tryout.
**IMPORTANT - All players are U12 (Minor Peewee) and above should be able to get dressed on their own. After the parent check's in their player at the gate/check-in table they must exit the building, we will bring all the parents in as a group for the start of tryouts.
*Everyone entering the building must fill in a Covid-19 form for contact tracing or pass a verbal screening at the facility. Click here for the PHA Self Screening form
Notice: This page will be updated on a regular basis due to the frequent changes in the OHF, OMHA, Hockey Canada and Province guidelines.