The OMHA has minimum requirements for all House League and REP Team Officials.
2020-2021 Team Official Qualification Requirements - Click on the PDF link below
In addition to OMHA minimum requirements, all team staff including coaches, trainers, managers and on-ice helpers for House League and REP teams are required to have the following:
1. Mandatory - Valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) / Criminal Offence Declaration
- All team staff are required to have a completed VSC or COD before they can assume active positions with the team. VSC's are good for 3 years as long as a signed COD is provided to the PHA each year in between PRC's
- Save money: In order to ensure faster service and to minimize costs for those applying for volunteer positions, citizens are now required to bring a letter from the organization they are volunteering for.This letter should state on the organization’s letterhead the individual’s name, position and general duties they will be performing. This will ensure you receive the volunteer rate of $20 instead of the $55 fee and it also satisfies the RCMP’s requirement to waive its $25 fee for fingerprint comparison, if required.
To order a VSC visit Durham Regional Police
||1710 Kingston Rd.
||Pickering, ONL1V 1C5
||(888) 579 -1520, Ext. 2521
2. Completed the Respect in Sport (RiS) Activity Leader or Speak Out Course
All team officials are required to complete the Respect in Sport (RiS) - Activity Leader course.
To register and complete the Respect in Sport (RiS) -Activity Leader online course - Click Here
3. Completed the Gender Identity and Gender Expression Training for Team Officials
To register and complete the Gender Identity course - Click Here