Pickering Hockey Association Registration is currently closed.
Tier 1 (formerly rep)
If payment has not been received you will be placed the wait list.
Prerequisite - Must have been rostered to a AAA, AA, A or AE or Minor Novice Select Team from the 2019-2020 Season
Prerequisite - U8 Enhanced Program - Players will be paper selected based on ratings from previous season.
OHF AAA Movement To AP Raiders
-Players that were rostered on a 2019-2020 PHA team are not eligible to participate in Ajax/Pickering Raider programs as per OHF rule. Pickering residents that were rostered to Ajax/Pickering Raiders 2019/2020 teams can return to the PHA.
-Pickering Residents that were rostered to any other AAA center may return to the PHA or to the AP Raiders.
Due to Covid-19 we have received far less ice slots and we expect all our programs to be FULL within a week upon registration opening. We are limited to the number of players we can accept this season due to the 50 player bubble mandate by the OHF. Players that miss the registration or payment date will be put on a wait list.
The 2020-21 PHA Registration Fee will be $675, including jersey.
- Fees must be received by the PHA within 2 business days of registration or players will be put on the waiting list.
NOTE: New Registrations as of today (Sept 28) , payment must be made at time of registration through HCR registration website.
Registrations Prior to Sept 28
- E-Transfer [email protected] - Recommended (include player name & date of birth in transfer comments)
- Credit Card - an additional convenience fee of $30 per registration will be charged. Must attend the PHA office for CC payment.
- Cheque - Drop off at PHA office, a $25 fee will be charged to returned cheques and player will be placed on the wait list.
Parents can find financial support resources at the bottom of this page.
There are a limited number of spaces available in each division. This is due to limited ice availability and a mandated reduction in team size. In a typical season teams have between 12-18 players per team depending on age. This season in order to adhere to the restrictions placed upon hockey teams by the Town of Pickering , OMHA and OHF we can only have a maximum of 10 players per team. Registration will be on first come first serve basis. We reserve the right to move players from one Tier to another Tier in order to form teams. Once a player has been place in Tier bubble they cannot be moved.
PHA Refund Policy
- Refunds will only be provided if there is a full program shut down mandated by Hockey Canada and the City of Pickering; at a prorated amount, less a $75.00 admin fee.
- No refunds will be provided after the start of the PHA hockey season for any reason (other than full shutdown as above), including voluntary withdrawals.
- No refunds will be provided to divisions/bubbles who shut down for a portion of time because of Covid-19.
- Any applicable refunds will be processed by cheque and mailed to recipients.
If you need assistance completing your registration please contact us.
Registration will close on September 25th.
We anticipate a season start on October 13th, 2020 and run to March 28. The OHF mandates that all associations must start their season with a two-week practice/development period. In applicable divisions, players will move to games after the two-week period. Teams will receive approximately 1 game and 1 practice week. Approximately every 5 weeks teams may miss one practice.
Game Format U10 and older
- Up to 10 players, including goalie
- Two staff (coach and trainer) can be on the bench during a game.
- The PHA will do it best in coordination with the coaches to balance all teams to make games as fair and equal as possible.
Game Format U8 and U9
- All hockey is non-contact
- Games will be 4 on 4 and/or 3 on 3
- No face-offs
- 5 min warm-up
- 2 x 22 minute periods
- 1-minute intermission between 1st & 2nd
More specifics related to game format will be made available in October once players return to the ice.
- Games will be half-ice (U8 &U9)
- Games will be 4 on 4 cross ice
- No face-offs
- 5 min warm up
- 2 x 22 minute periods
These are the current guidelines with all of our stakeholders and are subject to change as we move through the various phases of reopening.
- One spectator per player will be permitted into the arena.
- Durham Health Unit permits up to 50 people within each arena.
- The City Of Pickering allows a maximum of 20 skaters on the ice at one time.
- Players, parents, coaches and game officials will be required to complete a health screening check before they enter the arena on each occasion.
- At this time, dressing room access will be limited. Players are expected to come to the rink with the majority of their equipment on. The City of Pickering will be providing further direction related to where players can put on their remaining items.
- Anyone entering the arena will be required to wear a mask indoors. Masks are not required to be worn while on the ice.
Please note, our program has been submitted and has now been approved by the OMHA and Durham Public Health Unit, therefore changes may occur prior to our official start. We remain committed to sharing information with you as it becomes available. Please ensure you visit the website and follow us on social media for updates.
It will take a strong collective effort from our volunteers, coaches, players, and parents to ensure a safe and positive return to hockey. We are confident our hockey community will meet this challenge and we look forward to seeing you at the rink soon.
Before you click on register:
NOTE: Due to the current status of COVID- 19 the PHA may be required to change or modify the programming in order to meet updated standards, or registration numbers.
If registration is full please email to be added to the Wait List - Click Here
For information on financial assistance please click here.